Wednesday, November 3, 2010

He is Ours!!

Holy Cow.  Let's not even speak of the time that has elapsed since we last spoke.  Just know I've thought of you often, and let's just pick up where we left off, like old friends.  I love those kinds of friends.  It doesn't matter how long you go between correspondence—time stands still :)

We got THE best news in the mail the other day!  And if you can believe it-- I actually photographed sweet Camille going to the mailbox.  First time ever.  See- (and this is completely off topic), she is obsessed with all things Scooby Doo.  (Did you know that Velma's last name was Dinkley?  I didn't!  But she does.)  I knew a Netflix DVD was coming in the mail, with her beloved Scooby Doo.  And I wanted to see her reaction.  (Upon reflection, there was no way for her to know that Scooby Doo was inside...so it MUST have been fate that we documented this day.) I was also hoping for some Whippy Cake goodness, but I was destined to have to wait another week.

Cammie pulled the mail out.  I had no IDEA what would be in the stack.  But I will say, my heart skipped a beat when I saw a large, manila envelope. 

mail1

(Framed Elements by In the Making Design – Jessica Sprague.com)

And this is what we found in that manila envelope:

cam_adoptionpaper1 cam_adoptionpaper2

 

Let me tell you.  Happy tears were shed.  Many, happy tears.  Our Brody-boy is officially ours!!  And what warmed my heart, was Cammie was just as overjoyed as I was.  We love this little fellow so much.  SO, SO grateful for his sweet birthmother, and that she chose us.  We can hardly wait to have our sweet boy sealed to us forever, a religious ceremony in our church, that binds a family together.  That will be another happy day coming in December!! 

mail2

(Frame by Kitschy Digitals at JessicaSprague.com)


2 comments:

iKari Designs said...

COULD NOT have made me any happier than to see a new post from you ... especially one with such joyous news {even if I had already heard it}!! Love you and that sweet family so much and would love to be with you in December *sigh*

P.S. Totally loving your new blog look and your cute new pic ... is that some Whippy Cake I see?!?

The Stoddard Show said...

congrats! that is wonderful news. tonya ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails